Tonight I’ve given a talk at nForum Göteborg on code review and how it can be used by agile teams. It was pretty much the same talk I gave at JavaForum a while back. I tried to make a recording of it, and will post a video and update this post, if successful.
Here are the (Swedish) slides:
Here are links to some code review tools:
- Code Collaborator – commercial web based + Eclipse plugin + Visual Studio plugin (IntelliJ plugin possibly coming)
Code Collaborator is the one that was demoed during the talk!
- Klocwork Insight Pro – commercial web based
- Gerrit – free web based from Google, used for Android
- Jupiter – Open Source Eclipse plugin
- ReviewBoard – Open Source web based
- ReviewClipse – free Eclipse plugin
- AgileReview – Eclipse plugin
- Java Code Reviewer – Open Source web based
- IBM Collaborative Code Review – Eclipse plugin
In addition to this list, code review is one of the features of GitHub. In my opinion it has the same problems as e-mail based review, where it is hard to track what has been fixed and not.